I am by no means a professional, so by “rating” I mean “how much I enjoyed this book”. I cover areas such as:
- To me, multiple spelling or grammatical errors are just laziness and will negatively affect my rating.
- Overall storyline
- Is the book creative and exciting, or boring and dull?
- Likeability of characters
- Some characters I can connect with, some I can’t.
- The author’s style of writing
- As a writer myself, I like to see how other writers word certain things, such as scenery, emotions, and actions.
- Can I guess what will happen next?
- Am I bored and reluctant to continue reading?
Here’s a breakdown of my star-rating system:
This book is absolutely terrible and I probably only made it through a few chapters before giving up.
Had potential, but failed my expectations.
Eh, it’s okay.
I like this book!
I loved this book!